Clearly, the appearance of video poker is inextricably linked to the high popularity of the standard poker itself. Producers of virtual gaming products could not ignore such a promising direction of online gambling, which resulted in the emergence of free poker slots created based on “usual” slot machines.
With the development of the Internet and the rise of web-based casinos, the idea of videopoker was seriously taken into account by manufacturers of gambling software. The applications, the layout of which imitated the interface of the most popular playing machines, were added to the games’ selection of numerous online casinos.
Video poker machines represent a successful combination of the cutting-edge technologies that are implemented in a video slot (commonly referred to as a one-armed bandit) and a reasonably popular – in the most diverse segments of the population – casino card game.
As for the key difference between classic poker and its video version, it lies in that the gambler who is keen on video slots knows in advance how much they will get as a prize for forming particular winning combos.
Video poker games are somewhat unique. These slot games differ from common variations of online poker in the way that the punter has to collect cards included in one of the nine beneficial combinations, similar to standard poker sequences. Therefore, the more complex the combination obtain, the more money one can reap off.
Free Video Poker: Variations of the Game
As with other types of gaming entertainment, free video poker is known for a decent range of games that you can see almost on every gambling site. Usually, such games differ only in the ranking of prize combos and payouts for them.
Internet-based gambling establishments usually use the same product line of free video poker games or their variations, but each product is developed by various casino software providers. The most popular option that you will undoubtedly find at any virtual casino is Jacks or Better. All software vendors offer this version of video poker. In such a game, the player must collect two Jacks or two other cards of higher value, and these two cards must be paired.
The second version loved by the fans of online video poker is Tens or Better. Essentially, it is similar to Jacks or Better, but here, the gamer needs to obtain the pairs that are more valuable than 10s. Another variation worth mentioning is Deuces Wild. Here, deuces are considered wildcards. Other well-known varieties are as follows: Aces and Eights, Double Bonus, Deuces and Joker, Bonus Deuces Wild, and Jokers Wild. Some web-based casinos even offer poker slots with a progressive jackpot.
Besides that, poker admirers can savour such variations as 2 Ways Royal, Aces & Faces, and multi-line video poker.
How to Play Poker Slots?
The rules of playing video poker games free or for money may vary from version to version, but in general, they share similar principles. Thus, if you want to try out video poker, bear in mind its primary rules:
- As usual, those who play video poker for free or for money use a 52-card deck. In particular options, Jokers are involved; thus, the total number of cards can be increased by one or two.
- The user is dealt with five cards. To initiate the game, he/she has to click the “Deal” button.
- The gambler is entitled to a one-time exchange of cards in any amount. To do so, they have to use the “Hold” icon. All cards that the user does not hold with this function are replaced with new ones.
- Each casino offering poker slot machines provides its own paytable, which features the prize size for each beneficial sequence.
- Each winning combo is paid, starting from the pairs. This rule may vary, as it all hinges upon the variation of the video poker game you choose. Most often, payouts begin from a pair of Jacks or 10s.
- The gambler can play one hand or enable simultaneous play mode by selecting the desired number of hands. There may be up to a hundred of them in some slot poker games.
- The user is allowed to bet up to five coins.
- The game of video poker online is played in two rounds. In the first one, the gambler evaluates the cards dealt and discards unnecessary ones. In the second round, he/she sees the final result, receiving new cards instead of discarded ones.
The entire essence of the rules of video poker follows one goal – to finish the round with the highest winning hand.
Video Poker Free Demo Mode
Those who are only starting to get acquainted with such a captivating gambling game are advised to try it out in free online video poker so that you will be able to come up with your winning strategy.
To check it out in a free test mode, you do not need to register and confirm your personal data. The principle of launching the game in a free demo mode is the same – just open it by clicking the “Demo” icon. The mathematical model of the demo mode is absolutely identical to the paid option. And as soon as you gain enough experience and confidence to gamble for money – feel free to click the “Play” button.
Where to Find Free Video Poker Games?
When selecting the best virtual gambling resource to play video poker for free online, the main advice is to give a try to several variations of this enthralling game. Because the majority of web-based casinos provide their visitors with a realm of poker-related games, it would be better for you to focus on the creations of Microgaming. Especially if you are a novice video poker player.